My Keto Power Breakfast Recipe
Everyday I start the day with bacon, eggs, mushrooms and spinach (notice how I snuck in some greens). It may sound basic, but the way I make is so satisfying and delicious.
You can make so many variations of this and use your favorite veggies, but this is my favorite. If you don’t eat pork, turkey bacon works as well.
The key to this breakfast is cooking the eggs and veggies in the bacon fat. Here is a step by step for this power breakfast:
- Cook your bacon in a skillet on the stove. When your bacon is done about halfway, add your mushrooms to the pan. When I’m short on time, I don’t even chop the mushrooms, I just break them apart with my hand.
- Transfer your bacon to a bowl and add spinach to the skillet. Now you just have mushrooms and spinach cooking in the bacon fat.
- While the mushrooms and spinach are cooking, I like to shred or cut my bacon up. Then transfer your mushrooms and spinach to your bowl.
- Now it’s time to make your eggs. For this dish I love making my eggs sunny side up or over easy because the runny yolk and bacon fat coat your entire dish and it is amazing. You can make your eggs however you like, scrambling them is good as well.
- Finally, you are going add your eggs to your shredded bacon, mushrooms and spinach. I like to cut my eggs up and mix everything together. It is not the prettiest dish, but it is so tasty and I guarantee it will keep you full until your next meal.
Be sure to check out all these wonderful keto breakfast ideas. Let me know how they turned out for you in the comments below!